Thursday 10 March 2011

Natty Changes in Karmic

In this post I mentioned that I'd been tweaking my boot and login screens. Here's the output of my labour:




These first three screen-grabs are actually from a virtualization (using VirtualBox) on Windows Vista but the customizations are the same as my laptop's.

This next screen-grab is actually from the laptop itself, running the following code in a terminal:

sudo xsplash


Using VirtualBox (something that is almost ridiculously easy!) to run Karmic allows not only screenshots but also desktop videocaps!



I used Windows because the Vista machine has plenty of memory and storage: the laptop would have struggled!

Sources & Resources

Artwork - Ubuntu Tribal Pack by Grovin Thewer

Virtual Box is available from Oracle (or the repositories)

Towheed Mohammed's customization instructions are available from here (.pdf) or from the Ubuntu Forums

No comments:

Post a Comment